5 Bits of Brotherly Backlash
No Reunion but Supersonic Documentary
1. Pitchfork writers discussed the tension – still present – between former Oasis band members/brothers Noel and Liam Gallagher. Click HERE to read Matthew Strauss’ piece “Liam Gallagher says ‘FUCK OASIS,’ Calls Noel a ‘Potato.”
2. Strauss said, “The band may not be getting back together soon, but earlier this month, the in-the-works Oasis documentary got a title and release date. Supersonic, named after the band’s 1994 single, is hitting UK theaters in October” (Pitchfork).
“Don’t Look Back in Anger” by Oasis:
3. Liam Gallagher’s twitter is peppered with nastiness against his brother. Click HERE to view the ‘Potato’ pic and read his comments.
4. Filmmakers responsible for Amy – the Amy Winehouse documentary – are working on an Oasis documentary. The film will be shown at the November 2016 American Film Market, via Independent Film Company. Click HERE for Independent’s website.
5. Jeremy Gordon quoted Screen Daily, who spoke with Independent’s managing director Andrew Orr who said: “Oasis are without doubt one of the classic British rock bands, selling 70 million albums worldwide and defining the sound of a whole era. At its heart are Liam and Noel Gallagher, two of the finest rock ‘n’ roll stars this country has ever produced. Mat’s sensibility and style are going to provide the perfect complement to this tale of the rise of one of the great rock ’n’ roll bands” (Pitchfork).
Radio Yorkshire speaks with Noel Gallagher about
an Oasis Documentary (27 Apr 2016):